Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Has it been that long? Multiple posts





























Just wanting to share some cards that I have done over the last month. Been away for awhile....

I had to try out the flower pot card that I've seen so many times. This was so fun. And so easy when you have the die cut for the leaf shape. I also completed a box card/pop up card using some rub-ons. I kept it simple and easy and really like how it looks. It folds down flat so mailing is a snap. Next are some cards that I made for my son's baseball coaches. Their team The BlueJays won the playoffs and now Axel has been selected to be on the AllStar team to represent New West in another tournament. This is quite something as this is Axel's rookie year in baseball and he has shown great skill and ability. Way to go Axel. I wanted the card to be a bit flashy so I embossed on the textured card stock and it really pops. I created a "roster" type signing area for all the players to sign their names. We also gave the coaches an autographed team picture (with trophy) and the boys signed their names on the matting and said a few words of thanks. What a great season.
Last club night we finally made the build-a-brad bracelets courtesy of Patty Bennett. She has full instructions on her blog and they turned out so elegant. Here are just a few of the completed bracelets. It was a little tricky getting the rhinestones to lay flat but the larger brads were a snap. So many possibilities with this project.
Happy stamping.
Karen

2 comments:

Alison said...

WOW - fabulous projects (as usual!). Congratulations to Axel on his huge accomplishment - I love baseball but my kid is soccer crazy so never got to enjoy baseball with him. Well done and good luck with the All Stars!
Alison
PS - I'm a huge baseball fan and, of course, a Blue Jay fan - so great name for your team. :)

Linda Callahan said...

Thanks for your comment on my card so I headed over to check out your blog - great projects! And I do like that watercoloring technique as well - I'll beback!