Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My first digital scrap page contest...


Well I decided it was time to join in the fun and submit this page for the digital scrapping challenge. The emphasis was on distressing and torn edges. I decided to use this beautiful picture of my mom when she was nine years old taken in Indonesia just before the war broke out. I just love this one. She sent it to me when my daughter turned nine so they could see each other at the same age. Times were so different back then, I can't even imagine. I know my mom went through the most horrible nightmare as a child and now as an adult holds so much inside. She is truly amazing. What we go through these days is nothing compared to the pain and sadness she went through. I am happy that she shares what she can with us and know that it is never easy reliving the past. I love you mom.

No comments: