Thursday, April 2, 2009

East west swap...it's all good




Well, I was asked to join a swap to highlight the new mini catalogue and I was delighted to do so. We were to make 21 cards - 3 designs - 7 each. I decided to use the Just beachy, Sense of time and Scene in a garden sets from SU! now available to anyone who wants them until June 30th, 2009.




This first card uses pink flamingo DP and the stamp set Scene in a Garden. I added crystal effects to the boots so that they would look wet. You can't see it but the words say "I miss you". This set also comes with a windmill, flower pots, pumpkins and gourds and a tall reed flower in a pot. Very versatile and fun to use.


The next card uses Sense of Time set and I've paired it up with Manhattan DP. This card could be for the man in your life as it comes out quite masculine. I used the scallop edge punch, corner rounder punch and circle cutter to add different shapes and layered these with dimensionals.



This last card I did uses the Just Beachy stamp set. I wanted to make it look like the fish were under water blowing bubbles. I used the large hole punch on the crop-o-dile for the small circles and layered the other circles using 1 1/4 and 1 3/8 circle punches. The open circles stamped on the bashful blue cs is from A Good Egg set. It's hard to see but I used the new Walk in the park DP as one of the layers. The circles on it seemed to fit perfectly.

I will be posting the other swap cards soon so you can see all the talent these ladies have -- east to west. Thanks for looking and happy stamping.

Karen

No comments: