Thursday, November 4, 2010

92 and still going strong...




My mom's best friend is turning 92 years young. I was happy to make a card for her. She has such positive energy and spunk and I am very thankful for her friendship. I call them Thelma and Louise although I hope they don't drive over a cliff just yet. I used SU! cardstock paired it with K+CO DP and distressed the edges with Tim Holtz inks and distressing tool. I cut the image (a digital vintage freebie from vintage images) with my nesties and layered it on a scallop oval. I added 3 pearlized pearls (as opposed to plain pearls) and also used the vintage embossing folder with subsequent sponging on top to highlight the pattern. What a great technique. I carried the same colour scheme to the inside and added a sassy quote from Favorite Thoughts because it just suits my mom's friend so much, even at 92. Happy stamping.

2 comments:

kelly said...

Love the card, Karen. Isn't is fantastic for your mum's friend to be so with it at 92.

Kelly

Dee in N.H. said...

Gorgeous card! Those colors are amazing and the pearls finished it so perfectly. The sentiment is one of my favorites too.