Monday, July 28, 2008

It's not so bad being square..... and photo wallet






I'm really quite a linear person and often gravitate towards lines and squares. I found this wonderful card by Laurie http://inspireddesigns.typepad.com/inspired_designs/ who was following Jenn's sketch challenge. Well, I changed the stamp set, colours and added fauxstitching and rub-ons and fell in love. Casing is well known in the stamping world and it literally means "copy and share everything". It's nice to recognize the creator so don't forget to mention that person when posting your card. For this card I used chocolate chip, sage shadow, kiwi kiss, Bella rose DP, very vanilla as cardstock. I used "One of a kind" stamp set from Stampin'Up! (technique is thumping) and added the rub-on sentiment. The card size is 5 X 5 and it will fit nicely inside a 5 1/2 X 5 1/2 envelope. I will be sending this card to my husband's father who has a birthday in August. I know he will appreciate all that went into making this card.


My next project is a photo wallet. Perfect for photos, or even gift cards. I used tangerine tango textured card stock for the base and added some coin envelopes and covered them with kiwi kiss and my stamped image from "Heartfelt thanks" stamp set. For the inside tags, I used black and kiwi kiss stapled a ribbon and rounded the corners for a softer look. The wallet folds up nicely and is secured with a "belly band" of black and image from "One of a kind" using the thumping technique again. I'm lovin' it!! I used my scallop punch and punched out the image and added a nice rhinestone brad. Hope you like these. I have to give thanks to this site, so please visit it on your next journey on WWW:


Have a great evening and happy stamping...

Karen



1 comment:

Carol Weimer said...

Those are both great projects. I love the photo wallet. Looks like something I could actually handle. Thanks for sharing.