Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Matchbox in Paris...







Thanks to http://www.flutterbyatomicbutterfly.blogspot.com/ for such inspiration to make this elegant box using the new textured Parisian DP from Stampin'Up! It's so easy to put together and following the instructions was a breeze. This was the first time I tried the scallop flower (see http://www.memystampsandi.blogspot.com/) and while it did take some patience trying to stick it together it turned out just right. I also watercoloured the little swallow stamp (also from SU!) and added some itty bitty background on top. The image was stamped on very vanilla cs and was layered onto baja breeze. Both these were cut out using my nesties and cuttlebug. I think I will give this to my next hostess at one of my card classes. Not sure what I will fill it with yet but of course, one item will be chocolate.

2 comments:

Kelly Lunceford said...

This is darling! You did such a great job!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

super duper CUTE!!!!!!!what a great design!!!!tfs:)
chat