Friday, August 15, 2008

Always and forever...




I thought I'd dust off this set as it made it into the new catalogue. I do love these stamps. Very versatile and appropriate for many occasions. In this card, I used the new "in colour" pacific point, basic black and bella rose designer paper from Stampin'Up!. I decided to emboss the heart, berry branch and greeting with black EP as it seems to always jump out more. I cut the heart out and mounted it with dimensionals. I also use striped real red ribbon to add some more colour. I wish to thank Beckyte for her inspiration for this card. I pretty much followed her sample but changed the colours, and greeting and ribbon. I had a hard time capturing the right light environment and as well one of our newly adopted kittens kept wanting to get into the action. I had to prop up my card at one time right on him. What a ham. I know he'll be stampin' in no time. LOL. Have a great day and thanks for visiting.



Karen


Post-edit: I just tried faux metal technique and used the same heart from the Always stamp set. It really does look like real metal. I added it to the same card to show the effect it has. I followed the tutorial from Stampin'Up! website. One thing is for certain, you do have to press really hard as I must not have done that in one corner of the stamp as you can see. But oh well, just a sample of things to come. I know better now!! Do try it. It's easy, fun and quite amazing.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

This is very striking with the rich colors. The metal-look heart is a real standot. Nice!