Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Babies came early...quick, I need a card!


Well, my co-worker had forewarned me that she would be needing a card for twin boys. At that time I had plenty of time to mentally create. Then, out of the blue, came a phone call. The babies came early!! The babies came early!! Well, that sent everyone into a tail spin and off to the drawing room it was for me. No sooner did I hang up the phone, I was emailing my Stampin' mother if she had any "onesies, animals, or sweet peas". I was out of luck. "I have a lamb or a carriage, would that do?", she replied within 10 minutes. They weren't conguring up any images for me so I had to reject. Onward and upward. I will complete this mission. I haven't really made any baby cards as of yet and so wanted this one to be somewhat acceptable. It was really hard as I didn't even have any real "baby" stamps or any animal stamps until I came across "My good egg". I thought, yes, hatching, babies, I could use this one. The twins names begin with B+ D so got to use my handy dandy die-cut machine for the alphabet and number. Whoo-hoo!! I added stickles to the chicks lower shells to add a sparkle. The buttons were adhered with glue dots and I used linen thread as a tie. The cardstock was pacific point, tangerine tango, certainly celery, ivory, bashful blue, summer picnic DP and petals and paisley DP (not sure of the real name). I also used alot of dimensionals to give that added lift. Hope you like it. Thanks for visiting. I've had my weekly challenge so go and make a card that challenges you. Send me a post.

Karen

No comments: