Thursday, October 30, 2008

Could you live until you're 90...??


My mom has a dear friend who is turning 90 this year and I wanted to make her a very special birthday card. She is famous for her gardens and lives on one of the gulf islands. My mom and her count on each other for many things - people do that when you live far away. I am thankful for my mom's many friendships she has developed on her island. It truly is peaceful living. My card uses kiwi kiss, black, urban garden DP (SU!) and whisper white. I was able to use my nesties again and also tried my hand at dry embossing a grid on the upper 1/3 whisper white panel. I added a little bling by the greeting and popped up most of the layers. I wanted to use wide black ribbon but had to make do with old olive striped and added some small black knots. I followed a card done by Beate here http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1108919?cat=500&ppuser=458 . I just love her work. So clean and fresh. Well, happy stamping and don't forget to get crackin' on those christmas cards - time-is-a-tickin'. Thanks for stopping by.
Karen

1 comment:

Sue said...

My FIL is turning 90 in just over a month. We are excited about celebrating this big birthday with him too.
Today he freaked us all out bu falling and we had to call 911 and spend the day in hospital...but he is home this evening and tucked into bed now.
Just found your blog an dlove it! TFS everything
Sue